By Felicia, on June 25th, 2012
Making a natural first aid kit is not only a good idea financially but could benefit your body in ways the store bought kits cannot.
Ingredients for a natural first aid kit include:
- Arnica: perfect for bruises, sore muscles and sprains. Taken homeopathically can reduce bleeding and bruising. (1)
- Lavender Oil: relieves stress and headaches, apply to burns, cuts and scrapes for pain relief and anti-inflammation. (1)
- Witch Hazel: a natural disinfectant and anti-itch remedy.(2)
- Aloe Vera: soothes burns and reduces inflammation.
- Ginger: (candied) soothes stomachs and helps with motion sickness. (2)
- Dry clay: mixed with a little water, the paste can draw out stingers and splinters.(1)
Making a first aid kit out of natural ingredients will help you, help your wallet and can supplement your store bought kit in ways that are healthier for you and the environment.
(1) Natural First-Aid Remedies
(2) Make a Natural First Aid Kit: Meet Healing Head-on with Herbs
The Portable and Natural First Aid Kit