By Marilyn, on November 14th, 2012
I have looked for a mayonnaise that does not have canola, soy or vegetable oil in the ingredients. When they say on the label that it is olive oil mayonnaise, the main ingredient is still canola oil. I do not like canola oil and it does not like me. I avoid, as much as I can, any canola oil. So, today I received the book, Virgin Coconut Oil by Brian & Marianita Jademar Shilhavy. In the recipe section, there is a recipe for mayonnaise using coconut oil! Yea! I wanted to give the link to the recipe so you could easily find it and print it out. I also found a recipe for ketchup. These recipes are for a much healthier version of this spread and condiment. I haven’t tried the mayonnaise recipe, but will before we have the left over turkey next week.
As I have said before but Dr. Joseph Mercola says better, coconut oil can:
- Help you lose weight or maintain your already healthy weight
- Reduce your risk of heart disease
- Lower your cholesterol
- Improve conditions in those with diabetes and chronic fatigue
- Improve Chrohn’s , IBS, and other digestive disorders
- Prevent other diseases and routine illness with its powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal agents
- Increase metabolism and promote healthy thyroid function
- Boost your daily energy
- Rejuvenate your skin and prevent wrinkles
—-Dr. Joseph Mercola
I get Tropical Traditions daily recipes and updates on health issues on FB. I will tell you some more great recipes and health news in my next blog.