Aloe Vera is a Super Plant! « Health Now, Wealth Forever

Spread the love

By Felicia, on June 19th, 2012

We have all used aloe on the outside of our bodies for relieving the pain of sunburn and for moisturizing our skin but did you know that aloe has wonderful effects on the inside of our bodies as well?

Aloe Vera is a succulent plant, looking a little cactus like with its spiky, green leaves and spiny tips. What is inside those leaves is amazing!  While scientists have done lots of research on the topical benefits of the aloe plant, they are behind in the research of the internal benefits.

Aloe juice, while bitter (so I recommend adding it to a smoothie or to your favorite juice) can aid in constipation, ulcers and general digestive discomfort.  It is a powerful antioxidant that can help in the fight of cancer, especially colon cancer.  Not only can it hydrate your skin but it hydrates internally!  Aloe is 99% water with the other 1% chock full of vitamins, minerals and amino acids.(1)  With the hydration properties of aloe, it can lubricate joints and lubricate blood by oxygenating it.(2)

With so many ways to help our bodies, Aloe Vera is a super plant.  Remember though, a little goes a long way so do your research.  Below are my sources but ask around word of mouth is a great source too!



Other sources: